Colour 0.3.8 is available!
More than 7 months in the making, this release introduces substantial backward incompatible changes:
- Spectral computations are adopting practise ASTM E2022–11 and ASTM E308–15 methods to compute tristimulus values from spectral data.
- D50 and D65 illuminants chromaticity coordinates have been rounded to 4 decimals to conform better with what most RGB colourspace specifications adopt.
- The RGB colourspace transfer functions implementation has been overhauled in order to be easily extended in the future.
- SciPy is now a requirement.
Please carefully refer to the releases page Changes section.
Highlights of this release are:
- Spectral to tristimulus values computations using ASTM E2022–11 and ASTM E308–15 methods.
- Dominant and complementary wavelengths along colour and excitation purity computations.
- Support for YCbCr and YcCbcCrc colour encodings.
- Support for Hunter Lab and Hunter Rdab colour scales.
- Support for BT.1886 EOTF and ST 2084 OETF / EOTF.
- Support for RIMM, ROMM and ERIMM colour encodings.
A Jupyter Notebook is available to illustrate the expected computational differences. They should remain orders of magnitude under visual discrimination threshold however they will likely create computational discrepancies.
Michael and I would like to thanks all the contributors for that release whether they contribute to the code or participate in discussions.
- David Bourgeois
- Luke Canavan
- Sean Cooper
- Nick Shaw
- Kevin Wheatley
Visit the releases page for complete details.